You know how people are always saying at the end of the year something like, “Can you believe that it’s almost Christmas already?” Well it’s officially November and those comments are going to start happening more and more. Before we know it, we will be ringing in the next year. Since the holidays are coming, we better start getting on board and preparing for the holidays, whether we’re ready or not! This recipe that I’m sharing with you today is one of my favorite Thanksgiving and Christmas dishes. I don’t know why I don’t make it throughout the year; I wish I did because it’s so delicious. Maybe saving it for the holidays makes it more special? I don’t know but this is definitely one you’ve got to add to your menu for Thanksgiving and Christmas! It smells so good throughout the house and always gets me into the holiday spirit!
1 stick melted better
1 large onion, diced
4 celery stalks, diced
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1 and ½ tsp dried thyme
1lb sage sausage
2 cups chicken broth (or 2 chicken bullion cubes dissolved in 2 cups of hot water)
1 fresh loaf white bread, cubed
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt butter, and sauté onion, celery, salt, pepper, and thyme for about 8 minutes
3. Add in sausage and cook until brown.
4. Place diced bread into a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
5. Pour chicken broth and sausage mixture over top of the bread.
6. Bake for 30-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.