Friday, December 14, 2012

The Carlton: The End of an Era

If you Google “The Carlton” one of the first things you will see is this:

Ahhh classic, right?
The second thing you will see is The CarltonCarlton 1

This is where the Mr and I have spent the past 4 years :-)  We have absolutely loved living here.  Seriously LOVED this home.  However, if you follow LWTH on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook you probably already know this, the Mr and I purchased our first home!  We have been looking for a home since March!  People, we have been house hunting for 10 months!!! At first we were looking in Illinois (because that is where we thought we were moving) then we spent the summer looking for houses in Houston and working our way through bidding wars.  In October we finally found our house, won the bidding war, and went under contract.  At 12pm on 12/12/12 we closed; we are elated!  We are sad to see our time at The Carlton come to an end, but ecstatic to move onto the next chapter in our lives.
I want to show you some pictures of our new house!!!
The majority of these picture are from the previous owners.hr3030372-5hr3030372-6hr3030372-7hr3030372-8hr3030372-10hr3030372-11hr3030372-12hr3030372-13

Home sweet Hawley home :-)home sweet home

We have not moved yet, but we will right before Christmas. 

What we are looking forward to:
-Spending our first Christmas in the new house, even if it is among piles of boxes
-Having a parking spot and not having to drive around the block a few times looking for a spot to parallel park everyday
-Just walking 5 feet from the car to the kitchen with groceries.  No more carrying groceries up 3 flights of stairs in 150 degree weather every week for months (of course I'm too stubborn to take more than one trip from my car that is parked miles away).
-A yard for the dogs
-My new garden, lime trees, and apple trees
-Leaving our windows open and not getting bombarded with smoke
-Cooking our first meal in my new kitchen

What I will miss about our current home:
-Calling to the concierge if something breaks
-The pool
-The location (though we are only moving 10 miles away)

Clearly there are more pros than cons!  So we are about to move and can’t wait!
I am now taking any and all moving suggestions!!!

Have a great weekend friends!

12 comments:

Laura from Top This Top That said...

Congrats to you! How exciting to spend the holidays in your new home. Best of luck to you.

Joy said...

I've told you this plenty of times before, but I am SOOOO excited for y'all! A new home means so many wonderful things, and even though the moving WILL be stressful... it's so worth it in the end. Happy New Home Hawley Family! I can't wait to hear how the pups love it!

Erin Reissig said...

How exciting!!! Congrats! Hopefully the move is uneventful and you don't have any casualties. Wishing you the best!

Kellyn Fleming said...

Yay!!!! What a thrilling time for the Hawley family! So excited for you all to move in to this beautiful home and I just can't wait to hear how much the dogs love it! I can't wait to visit. I agree the pool is something to miss but nothing compared to what you will gain! Congrats to you guys!!!! LOVE YOU!

Shatzi @ Love and Laundry said...

I think I watched Fresh Prince every day in High School. Haha!!! Congrats i=on your house!!! SOOO exciting!!!

The Heights Life! said...

That house looks amazing!! So happy for y'all!!!!

Eliza said...

So awesome! Congrats!!!!!

DaisyGirl said...

{Ok, I wrote this once and it got deleted. ha! So, if you have two comments from me, ignore the one worded the worst. ha!!!!} But..... congratulations on your beautiful new home!!! It looks like it has some great character!! As an apartment renter, I know you are going to thoroughly enjoy having YOUR own home!!!

Danie said...

Lol.... I love the Carlton dance! I'm sure you have already thought of this, but one really super helpful thing when moving is making lists of everything you put in a box and taping it to the outside. It's SO helpful when you're unpacking, especially if you need to hunt something down!

Heidi@OneCreativeMommy.com said...

What a beautiful home! I totally remember the Carlton dance! I can still sing every word of the theme song.

Thanks for visiting me and commenting on OneCreativeMommy.com!

Congrats!

The Cavallaro's said...

Oh my goodness, your house is freaking GORGEOUS! I love the living/family room... The fireplace looks amazing, loving the details of built in shelving and the exposed brick! (And I actually like the green color!) Loving all of the hardwood floors and the enormous backyard! I am definitely coming over for a doggy play date... Congrats on your NEW PURCHASE! Can't wait to see you post more pictures after you make your house a HOME!!!!!

sherri lynn said...

I am sooo behind on reading blogs so I am finally getting around to SEEING pictures of your new house! I love it!! Congratulations to you guys on a beautiful home! I hope you are settling in nicely.. and remember - ENJOY the process!!! I keep reminding myself this (as we are still in the process of setting up home/decorating...9 months later)!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover