Monday, June 28, 2010

Chicken Finish-Line

So many of you have sent us chicken recipe recommendations…THANK YOU! I have been entertained & Phil has been able to enjoy tons of chicken. Below are the latest chicken recipes; you’ll notice that the further down you read, the more I began weaning us off the chicken.

Chicken Roll-Ups- I added spinach & mushrooms. Thank you Morgan!
Coq au Vin- I used whole-wheat noodles & added some of the parsley I have been growingChicken Kabobs with Andouille & Black-Eyed Pea Salad & Lamb and Feta- I made 2 separate recipes on the same night since kabobs are pretty easy. I have never heard of andouille and never cooked lamb so this was a great learning experience for me. Thanks Martha!
Chicken Supreme- I used wheat noodles. Thanks Beth! Caribbean Chicken- This was not as spicy as I thought it would be.
Chicken Tacos- I saw shrimp tacos in a magazine and made a few substitutions
Mac & Cheese- I added spinach, zucchini, cayenne pepper, gruyere, whole-wheat noodles, & served it with hamburgers (no chicken this night!) Tortellini with Chicken (& prosciutto)- I will take every opportunity to add prosciutto to a meal! Fried Chicken- This is not a new recipe, but I decided to add it to the list anyways.
Of course I have not been neglecting my sweet tooth. I made some brownies by Martha Stewart and was less than impressed. I’m not even going to post a picture of them. I must be a really picky brownie eater. (I’m open to brownies recipe suggestions). I made a Hummingbird cake last night and it was delicious. Phil, not being from the true south (clearly, since he had no idea what kind of cake this was), asked me the reason for the name. My response was “some say it’s called hummingbird cake for its nectar-like sweetness; others says it’s so good, it makes you hum” This is the new cookbook that the cookbook club has decided to start this summer. Everyone wanted something “lighter on the arteries.” I have to agree!
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...