Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Catching Up

My apologies family, I have certainly fallen behind on my blogging for the past couple weeks, but this is my attempt to catch you up on the life of the Hawleys. Two weeks ago, Phil and I had another action packed weekend. On Friday evening, my friend Bella and I went to meet with the caterer we have been working with for our Denim and Diamonds charity event. We were very excited because we finally got the price moved way down. We want the event to be fancy and upscale, but at the same time, the cheaper we can get the event the more profit we can donate to the charity. I think we worked out a great deal this time. Once we get the board to approve it, we will be able to cross one more thing off of our to-do list! On Saturday Phil had breakfast with one of the men from our smallgroup while I went to a baby shower for a woman from our Sunday School class. The shower theme was “Queen for a day with a Princess on the way”. The shower was obviously for a baby girl and the hosts did a fabulous job with the shower. Here are some pictures of the adorable event:
Welcome decorations
Crib and clothesline for the mommy
Throne for the mommy
Delicious food
Tiara cookies
Beautiful and delicious snickerdoodle cake in the shape a pink pillow!
After the shower I had lunch with my good friend Laura and her daughter Alina. We had a delicious brunch of fruit and lattes on the patio at Empire CafĂ©. Since Phil and I had our football games in the afternoon, we asked Laura and Alina to come cheer us on. Maybe it was their cheering, because we won both games and Phil made 3 touchdowns! On Sunday we went to church and then spent the entire afternoon watching every single football game! When I say every single game, I’m completely serious. I see football in my sleep these days. I guess I should start getting used to it, because we still have a few more months of football.
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...