Monday, September 25, 2017

Festive Fall Leaf Sorting

I think with each season there are so many new opportunities to add excitement into our classrooms.  This week I've got a few fall activities to share with you that I'm really excited about.  Today I'm talking about colors :-)  While I have done this color sorting task many times with just objects around our house and we are pretty good at colors these days, this was a fun NEW way to keep those little hands busy with an activity so we could TALK about the implications of colors changing with the seasons.Festive Fall Leaves Color Sorting- Life with the Hawleys- 1
Hawley Homeschool
This is really an easy activity for mama/teacher to prepare.  I just used some construction paper and wrote the color on top.  I had some fabric leaves in my fall decorations box and so as I was decorating our home for fall I had Dutch sort the colors of the leaves to the corresponding paper.  I mean this is so simple!DSC_0140
DSC_0142I find that when little hands are busy doing a activity, their minds are primed to be poured into.  So as he was sorting these leaves by color we had the perfect opportunity to talk about why leaves change and typical scenes associated with fall.  After a while I also found that I had these small plastic leaves and so I got him to sort these leaves by colors also.  This is super versatile activity so you can just use what you have.DSC_0159
He was so precious sorting his leaves in his fall hat...which looks like a Harry Potter Sorting Hat, right???DSC_0144
DSC_0147He was so pleased with himself & had such a good time talking with mama about fall and leaves.DSC_0148
I encourage you to try this with your little one!  Please tell me how you're celebrating the season with your little ones!
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...