Friday, January 8, 2016

Teeny Peep Bumpdate- Week 36

36 Weeks
Date: 12/26/15
How far along: 36 weeks

Fruit-size comparison: A honeydew melon....a melon folks, a melon lol
Developmental milestones: Teeny Peep is so close to being able to breath on her own, and I'm looking forward to getting to that milestone next week with the "full-term" label.  Her skin is getting smoother, her liver, kidneys, circulatory and immune systems are all up and running.
Maternity clothes: Oh yes, and sometimes my belly pokes out of the bottom of my shirts.  It's really fashionable I tell ya lol  Dutch loves to point out when my belly is showing by pointing and saying "baby".  Thankfully this hasn't happened (in public) that much lol
Weight gain:
+20 lbs, While I have gained far less weight with this pregnancy, I am definitely larger; my belly is poking out pretty far.  My stretch marks are beginning to extend above my belly button now.
Stretch Marks: I've got plenty of kisses from heaven from carrying Dutch.  I applied lotions and such daily with that pregnancy, but to be honest I don't think I'm even going to try to prevent future stretch  marks.  I absolutely love these badges of honor and I'm so proud to wear them.
Sleep: I can't get enough!  I've been just crashing every afternoon.  I'm not a napper but I am desperate for extra sleep since I'm so far along, chasing a 1 year old, and sick.
Best moment of the week: 1- By far the best part of our week was Christmas.  It was completely different from last year with a 6 month old, and I know that it will be complete different from next year.  It was like a blink in time that we will never have again and we embraced it.  The Mr. was home for a few days and we had so much fun watching Dutch discover all of the fun moments of Christmas; definitely tough to see the end of this season.  2- In passing I mentioned that it would be nice to have different closet doors in the guest room for Teeny Peep.  Well that was all it took for the Mr. to start DIY-ing while I was taking a nap on Christmas Eve.  He did such a great job and it looks so great.  I know she is going to love it as much as I do. 3- The Mr. and I also celebrated our 8 year wedding anniversary.  How has it already been 8 years?! 4- We had an appointment to check on Teeny Peep.  We’ve only had one ultrasound with her, which is very different than with my pregnancy with Dutch where I had so many more.  I was really looking forward to seeing her face since she wouldn’t share with us at 21 weeks, but she kept her arms up again this time.  I guess she wants to keep her face a surprise for us.  She’s about 6 lbs 5 oz right now and will likely be about 7-8lbs when she arrives.  She has a smaller head but really long legs…….I wonder where she gets those from? ;-) Her heartrate was 134, she’s still head down with her face already towards my spine.  Please stay this way little girl!  She’s measuring about 1 day ahead of schedule so everything looks great.  I gained 1 lb, and my bp was 116/70.  My amniotic fluid was a little bit lower but nothing to worry about.  I endured the lovely GBS test and was assessed for dilation.  It was a busy but great appointment.
Movement: Yep I still have a lot a movement.  Her movements are alien-like, where you can see and feel specific body parts on the outside of my stomach.  I never felt movements like this with Dutch so this is pretty cool to see and feel.  I sure am going to miss these special times when it's just Teeny Peep and me.
Cravings: Nothing that I can think of here.  I do just like to eat in general.
Gender: Baby girl!!
Belly button: I love my new outtie :-) 
Wedding Ring: On
Anything making you queasy/sick: Not that I can think of; it probably helps that I am so stuffy that I can't smell anything.
What I miss: Sushi
What I’m looking forward to: Not hacking up my lungs every 5 minutes.  This week Dutch and I have been so sick (again).  I have even envied the meds he can take because he isn't pregnant (seeeeee, so very sick!).  Again being this preggo is so embarrassing every time I cough or sneeze.  I'm so tired, sick, and want to taste food again!
Labor signs: I’m still having contractions mostly in the evenings, but nothing intense or predictable.  Teeny Peep is getting lower and lower, which although it’s uncomfortable makes me very happy.  I’ve started drinking my raspberry leaf tea & eating dates.
Symptoms:  I have reached the point where I can tell people, especially women, feel sorry for me.  Women look at me and just have this look of pity on their faces.  Just this past week, we were out to dinner and were about to leave when I went to the bathroom just to be sure I was good for the drive home.  All 5 women in line insisted that I go ahead of them- as if my bladder just might explode on the bathroom floor right there lol I’m still pretty hot; if you ask me it’s still summer in my incubator and puffy-faced world.  My hips are still moving and my heartburn has chilled out.  I continue to waddle, am easily worn out, and generally uncomfortable but mostly in the evenings. 
Nursery: There isn't going to be a new nursery.  We plan on having Dutch and Teeny Peep share a room.  It's not that we don't have the space; we do have another bedroom, but we would like our kiddos to share a room when they are younger.  We're thinking this will be a great opportunity to continue building character with our children.  And to be honest, Dutch didn't move into his nursery until he was eight months old, and even then only for a few hours a day until he was 11 months old, so the new baby will probably stay in our room about the same amount of time and then we will do a transition of some sort.  Of course we don't know what it is like to have two children and exactly what it will be like, but this is how we think we are going to try to start.
Emotions: I am really excited about this new baby, please don't take what I'm about to say as taking away from that at all, but I feel like I have entered into a phase of mourning.  I'm trying to cherish these last few weeks where it is just me and Dutch.  Not because I'm nervous about juggling two babies (of course I am!), but more so because it has been just us two for a year and a half and the end of that chapter is approaching.  I know that new fun chapters are ahead of us, obviously, but I am still sad to see this one come to an end.  I'm trying to make it the most fun we've ever had and that he knows mama loves him so much and every day that he has been in my life has been the best day of my life. I can't imagine my world without him in it.  Dutch, the pure joy you bring to your mama's heart is more amazing than words in any language could express.  I love you little boy!

xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...