Sunday! Everyone wants what they can’t have. Am I right or am I right?
I mentioned about 4 years ago that I had cracked the sacred CFA code; I figured out how to have Chick-Fil-A without leaving my house…even on Sundays!
It’s probably about time that I share this recipe with you, right? Okay here goes:
chicken (breast or strips)
salt & pepper
1 tsp paprika (I use a little more than this and I also add some cayenne pepper because I like some kick)
1 large egg
½ cup milk
¾ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup whole-wheat flour
1 tbs plus 1 tsp powdered sugar
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp dry mustard
jar of dill pickles
2 tsp white vinegar
1 tbs butter
1. Marinate the chicken in the pickle juice over night in the refrigerator.
2. When ready to cook, season chicken with 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper, ½ tsp paprika.
3. Heat the oil in a pan (make sure the oil is at least 2 inches deep). While heating, whisk egg, milk, and 2 tbs water together. Whisk flours, powdered sugar, baking soda, dry mustard, ½ tsp paprika, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp pepper in another dish. In a third bowl, toss 8 pickle slices (the size you would find on a sandwich) with 1 tbs pickle juice and vinegar.
4. Dip the chicken in the egg mixture, dredge through flour mixture, fry until brown (time will vary depending on the thickness of the meat), and then let drain on paper towels until you finish frying all the chicken.
5. Toast the buns with a little butter on top. Assemble the sandwich with 2-3 pickle slices for each.
Yes, of course you should serve your Chick-fil-A sandwich with Arby’s fries, duh!