Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fall is on the Horizon

Again this year I am resisting the urge to transform our house into an autumn wonderland until October 1st. We got a new AC unit last week so our house has been cooler than usual which I think makes my brain think it is cooler outside than it actually is; I wish I could have tricked my brain back in June & July when every day the temperature was over 100! I also have 3 magazine subscriptions (Martha Stewart Living, Southern Living, & The Food Network) which all 3 arrived last week with pumpkins, apples, red/yellow leaved pictures, cider recipes…blah blah blah you get the idea. Needless to say, I’m finding it hard to resist my favorite season. I believe that fall officially starts this week so I can enjoy my "favoritest" season soon!
This is a picture of fall in good ‘ole Richmond, VA. This was the last time I was home for autumn :-( Isn’t it gorgeous though?! Really can you blame me for loving this season? I think not hehe
We have been to our fair share of Mexican/Tex-Mex restaurants in the past few years, but El Tiempo Cantina takes first prize. We went there for dinner on Saturday night & it was beyond fantastic; we highly recommend it! I could NOT keep my fingers away from the chips & salsa verde. The meals appear to be pricy at first, but for the cost you are really getting your next 3 meals because there is so much to take home. Do yourself a favor and check it out; we promise you won’t regret it!

I have recently mentioned my new love (or obsession) with Costco to several family members & friends; on Saturday we became members! Yesterday I filled up my gas tank at Costco & I saved 16 cents a gallon…..I repeat, I SAVED 16 CENTS PER GALLON!!!!! Amazing! I really am overly-excited about this membership. With Costco practically in my backyard, I think it’s really going to be hard to make me move now!

Have a great last few days of summer and welcome to fall!
The Hawleys


Sara said...

You can have Costco in practically in your backyard if you move back to Richmond! Jordan and I go to it every weekend and it only takes about 5 minutes to get there. We would love to have you closer!

Phil and Darby Hawley said...

hmmmm I dunno...Houston is soooooo awesome! Maybe I can convince everyone I know to move to Houston?

Kellyn Fleming said...

Woah woah woah! That is crazy talk...take it back, Darby! I don't like that one bit! I am obsessed with Costco/Sam's but I am still not a member but strangely I have been looking forward to the day I will finally become a member of one! haha So happy for you!

P.S. I thought Winter was your favoritest season?

Phil and Darby Hawley said...

Winter used to be my favorite season; it's still a very very close second. I never truly appreciated fall until I didn't have it anymore. For years I missed out, so I'm making up for it now and appreciating it more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover