Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Monday, August 29, 2011
|Such an old picture of us! I was going into 9th grade and Caleb was going into his senior year of high school. Who knew we'd get married one day?!|
|photo credit: colling photography|
|photo credit: colling photography|
|in front of the Grand Tetons|
|photo credit: colling photography|
Friday, August 26, 2011
For now though, I have a different project I want to share with you. When I was redoing the master bedroom I had this “brilliant” idea to rearrange the furniture. (Why do I have to do every project all at the same time?! I annoy myself sometimes!) Anyways, I moved the wicker furniture out of the solarium (just an overly-fancy word for a glassed-in porch; I have no idea why it needs to be called this), and moved some other wooden furniture onto the porch.
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Monday, August 22, 2011
I knew I was in love with Terry four months after we began dating. I even said it first not knowing if he would respond or not. He did respond and the feeling was mutual. We haven't been apart since. He truly is my best friend and the one I turn to when I'm sad, happy, stressed and blessed. I'll try not to get all sappy, but I have to say that since I met Terry a few years ago, life as I knew it changed for the "gooder". I don't remember life before him and can't imagine my future without him. We bring out the best in each other and enjoy celebrating the love that we have together. He loves the messes I make when I cook and how I like to use every. single. dish in the cabinets when I do so. Can you sense the sarcasm? But, he does love everything I cook... everything except that dessert he politely asked me to throw away because I used brown sugar instead of regular sugar. HA!
Maybe I should start with how we met...
|Our first picture of 1,432,946 in over two years. We look like babies!! lol|
We were set up through a mutual friend who said we would be perfect together. Considering saying no, she promised he wasn't "weird or a freak." I agreed to a date, but I told her I was old fashioned and if he wanted to go on a date, he had better make the first move. Later that day, he asked me to be his friend on facebook to get my number. A day later, we sent each other text messages during my cousins dance recital and after the recital that night on the way to their house, I heard his voice for the first time.
Two years ago, as the day dragged by so slowly — the time finally came for him to pull in my driveway. As soon as I heard his truck door shut, my heart stopped beating. And as the doorbell rang, it started again and was about to beat out of my chest. After changing clothes over and over again, I answered the door in jeans and a black and white top. As I slowly opened the door, there he was — standing there in jeans, a teal blue polo with horizontal stripes and a beautiful rose. However, I was fixated on his dimple, his incredible smile and his shy, yet adorable eyes. I honestly couldn't take my eyes off of him.
Like a gentleman, he opened the passenger door to his truck and helped me in to head to Crescent City Grill. We got there early and were one of few people already seated to eat. Of course after we ordered, he excused himself to the restroom to wash his hands — as he walked away, I figured he was leaving me. However, I was relieved when I saw him walking back to the table. After a wonderful meal and great conversations, it was time to head back to my house. Once back at the house, he walked me in and left a few minutes later. As we said our goodbyes, I had butterflies and I didn't want the night to end. He gave me a hug, lightly kissed me and walked back to his truck.
I secretly watched him leave from the guest room window. And immediately, I got on the phone with my friends who knew about the date to give them all the information. I wondered would I hear from him again? Did he enjoy the date as much as I did? Could this be the one?
Sunday, August 21, 2011
Friday, August 19, 2011
- List 10 things that make you HAPPY
- List 5 bloggers who brighten your day :-)
- Jesus- He is not only the light of the world, but the light and purpose of my life.
- Phil- This man is by far the best man in the world, and I’m not just saying that because I’m married to him. There isn’t enough space in blogland for me to talk about how a-mazing he is.
- Tomlin- I never knew I could adore a dog as much as I adore this puppy. We’ve only had her since May, but I honestly can’t imagine our family growing without her.
- Good friends- I don't think I need to explain this one. I know you know how valuable a great friend is and how much happiness they can bring to your life. Thank you friends!
- Coffee- Seriously, is there really a better way to start the day than with a giant cup of coffee?! Nope! Well, unless that giant cup of coffee is accompanied by a warm doughnut. Truth!
- Crafting- I guess you probably could have guessed this one.
- Autumn- I regret that I never appreciated this season when I live in Virginia. In fact, I don't think I ever noticed it until I moved to Houston; leaves on palm trees just don’t change colors <wamp wamp> I make every effort to take advantage of this season now. Some say I might be a bit obsessive, but I’m trying to make up for lost time.
- The event of food- This may sound silly to some, but I absolutely love gathering around to eat with others. Yes, I love to cook, but that’s not my favorite part. What fills me with the most joy is sitting down with others to eat. I love to catch up about the day or what’s going on in someone else’s life. Gathering to eat has become such a special time in the day when I get to love on someone else. There is just something special about sitting around a table eating with loved ones; life develops and deepens over conversations around the kitchen table. *love it!*
- Traveling- I just love immersing myself in another country: seeing and learning (and eating, of course- see above) about another culture. Places I have traveled to: England, France, Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, Brazil, the Dominican Republic, Canada, the Bahamas, and St. Thomas. Places that are at the top of my list for future trips: Spain, Egypt, Ireland, & Greece.
- Christmas- My family has joked about this forever; probably since I could talk. I love Christmas and think about it year-round. I never actually stop playing Christmas music (Yep, I’m one of those crazy people). My Christmas movies never leave the DVD player. I start my Christmas shopping in January and am finished by June. I love the food, festivities, the gatherings of friends and family; I just love it all.
- Joy from Confessions of a Southern Socialite
- Erin from Dishes & Wishes
- Sherri from Life of a Wife
- Danie from Embrace the Journey
- Jessica from Housewifing on a Budget
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
The winners of the Passionately Rivalicious gift certificates are…
<insert drumroll here>
Congratulations ladies! I can’t wait to see what wonderful things y’all get from Passionately Rivalicious! I will be sending you an email shortly with your gift certificate.
Thank you everyone for participating in my first giveaway. If you didn’t win this time, that’s ok, there will be other giveaways. You can still visit Passionately Rivalicious and order your favorite item to get ready for fall and football season!
Winners were chosen by Random.org
Monday, August 15, 2011
Sunday, August 14, 2011
Don’t forget about the Passionately Rivalicious Giveaway I wrote about on Wednesday. It’s not too late to still enter. Click here for your chance to win a $25 gift certificate for all your school spirit style needs! They have amazing apparel and accessories for women and children!
See what I mean?! So, what are you waiting for? Get over there and enter!